With the advent of Online and digital platforms, there has been a rising scope of various marketplaces across the world. Well when everything is now on the web, how can education be left behind? Thus there are several big and small players online who provide study and courses materials for students, professionals to learn and enlarge their knowledge and certifications. Udemy is one such online platform.
More about Udemy
An Online learning Marketplace, Udemy is a place where people can get hold on to an extensive library of over 55,000 courses. It’s a place where around 15 Million students have enrolled themselves to learn and get expertise into what they look out for. It is done with the help of expert professionals. The best part is that all the learning can be done right from your home or office.
But with passing time, there have been many questions raised as to are the Udemy courses really worth it. There are several free courses available on the platform and many are paid ones as well. But they are not so highly charged. In fact, with expert learning and own time convenience you can get hold on to several certified courses which you could not have got by attending classes.
Udemy provides an array of free courses in every field, which one can choose from. Some of the free courses on Udemy are :- Become an Android developer from Scratch, Learn Python, its Cake (beginners), Accounting in 60 Minutes brief introduction, Art Fundamentals : Building blocks of digital painting, Street Photography, Introductory Photography course, Game development Crash Course, Secret sauce of Great Writing and many more.
Things to keep in mind
Before jumping to any conclusion or confused deciding which course would be suitable for you, you need to have certain points in your head very clearly. To determine that your Udemy courses are worth for you, you need to have a checklist, which comprises of following things.
- Almost all the courses have an option to preview where 5 minutes are given to the students to understand the teaching style of the instructor. If the style matches your ability, you can opt for the same or can choose any other.
- Preview the free lectures by the instructors. There are 1-2 videos of the several lectures, which are free to watch for the students. This helps in determining whether to choose that particular topic lecture or not.
- Checking on the ratings of a particular course is very important. Students who have already completed the course provide ratings and based on the same you can decide.
- Along with ratings, feedback reviews are given which would provide insights as to how the instructor was, was the course really helpful, was it worth the money or not and more.
- Checking on the biography of the instructor is must (social media pages also) as whatever course you are taking and the instructor is not much qualified for the same, then it will be your loss.
- Look for the description and details regarding the course first and then apply for it.
- Look at what course you want to take up after thinking about the particular topic.
- The popularity, of course, is equally important as to how many other students are taking or have taken the same course.
- Udemy also has a policy of 30 days money back guarantee. It can be helpful when you have enrolled for a paid course and then you do not like the course or the way it has been taught. Within 30 days request for the refund and it will be deposited in your account. This ensures the security of your money.
- Do proper research and enrol in courses, which are related to your field and will boost your career. Irrelevant courses would not add a value to your CV.
So are Udemy courses really worth?
Going by the courses and expert instructors Udemy courses are definitely worth your money. Especially when there is a sale on the platform where you can get a course at $10 or $20. It proves to be a great deal after all providing lifetime access. Yes, some of the courses might be charged above $100 but it your choice whether to go for it or not. Even if you choose to go for expensive ones, ensure you have done proper research, read the reviews and preview the free lectures to ensure your money are not going to be wasted. The courses are not very expensive and most beneficial situation is that they come with a money back guarantee. Once your learned, you can work in various Web Design Agency like Novatise to provide value added service for your clients.
Well, Udemy is one of the major players in online teaching marketplace. Not only students but those who wish to teach can make their own course and teach the students. This way both of them gain something. With a number of students increasing day by day and being cost-effective, Udemy is sure a quality platform for your learning and the user experience says it all. But again, it depends on the course you choose or take. If you have taken up a course on a field irrelevant to you, then it would not be helpful to you adding any value. Imagine taking up a $30 course but after the course is over; there is no use of the learning so ideally there is a loss of $30. So ensure you choose a proper course for yourself and Udemy would serve you the best! Try a free course before you go on for a paid course for better understanding!