Web automation using Selenium RC from Scratch
About This Course
Selenium Remote Control is great for testing complex AJAX-based web user interfaces under a Continuous Integration system. It is also an ideal solution for users of Selenium IDE who want to write tests in a more expressive programming language than the Selenese HTML table format.
In this training course, attendees will learn the following
1. Selenium RC architecture
2. How to start/stop Selenium client/server
3. How to use Selenese TestBase class
1. What are Xpaths
2. How to construct absolute xpath as well as relative xpath
3. Different Xpath functions
1. Common Selenium RC functions
2. click(), open(), waitForPageToLoad().
3. Slowing down the execution speed
4. Closing and killing the browser.
Working with Web Tables
1. Finding number of rows and column in web table
2. Extracting the value from table
3. Handling dynamic web table
1. Extracting windows IDs with selenium
2. Tabbed browsing with selenium
3. Handling Java Script popups
Mouse & Keyboard action
1. Performing the mouse action such as mouseUp(), mouseDown() etc
2. Performing the Keynoard action such as KeyPress(), KeyUp(), metaKeyDown() etc
And source code shown as part of video lecture will be provided for download
What are the requirements?
- The tutorials are designed for beginners with little or no automation experience. Everything is taught from scratch!
- Before proceeding with this tutorial, you should have a basic understanding of Java programming language, text editor and execution of programs, etc.
What am I going to get from this course?
- By the end of this course you will give have great understanding Selenium
- How to use Selenium to test web based application
- This tutorial will give you great understanding Selenium, and after completing this tutorial, you will be at intermediate level of expertise from where you can take yourself to higher level of expertise.
What is the target audience?
- This tutorial is designed for Software Professionals, who are willing to learn Selenium RC in simple and easy steps
- All the manual tester who are looking for the automation knowledge
- Developer/Automation Testers who are developing the automation framework for the web based application
|Section 1: Introduction|
Configuring Selenium RC in Eclipse
Starting and Stopping Selenium Server
Starting and Stopping Selenium Client
Running Sample Selenium code using SeleneseTestBase
|Section 2: Xpath|
FireBug and Firepath
Xpath and their usage with Selenium RC
Xpath Function,Absolute and Relative Xpaths
Xpath finding Links, Buttons, Input box, Radio buttons, Checkbox
|Section 3: Selenium RC Functions|
Handling TextBox,Hyperlink & Checkboxes
Handling Button & Radio Button
Xpath for dropdown list
Checking if an element/object/text is present or not
Reading title of page
Slowing down the script execution speed
Closing brosers and killing sessions
Automating CreateBug TestCase
|Section 4: Handling Window|
Extracting Window Name,Title with Selenium
Handling popups, performing actions
|Section 5: Working with WebTables|
Finding number of rows in Webtable
Finding number of columns in Webtable
Extracting Cell value
|Section 6: Selenium RC Usage|
Integration with TestNG
Load Testing with TestNg & Selenium
Running the Test Parallely in Firefox & IE
Executing Selenium Script through Ant
|Section 7: DataDriven Framework|
Reading Data from config.properties file
Apache POI – the Java API for Microsoft Documents
Running the TestCase using DataDriven Frame Work
|Section 8: Download|
All Lecture Source Code for Download
I have total 5 year of experience in the field of testing (Manual & Automation). Being a manual tester my major area of work is Integration, Functional & Regression testing. When it comes with automation, I deal with automation tool such as Junit, Testng, Selenium RC & Web driver. I have worked with team for developing automation framework for web based product using Selenium RC & migrating it to Web driver at later stage.
from past 2 year, I am working as white box tester (SDET) in one of the MNC. I usually deal with testing the API written in Java. I also deal with Junit frameworkfor doing the unit testing and also automating the unit test cases
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 105
- Assessments Self