Testing In Agile
About This Course
If we look around us the software is becoming main-stream in each and every walk of our lives. It is like being part of our blood and we live with it in each every moment of our life. Given this the traditional ways of software development are getting replaced with new ones which will cater to the increasing demands of market. The new ways will cater well to the needs of the users and customers. One of such new model which has become very popular and well suited to this new paradigm is Agile model. Now, given there was a way testing was done in traditional model, the natural question is how is testing placed and done in Agile. This course, “Testing in Agile” is designed keeping this in mind. Even for those who are not yet exposed to Agile this course will fit well as the course has been designed keeping that in mind. This course applies to all (programmer, tester, business analyst, managers etc. ) in the team.
What are the requirements?
- part of software team
What am I going to get from this course?
- Get to know about traditional models and the need for Agile model to meet the needs of software development in the current competitive software market.
- The course will give a good grounding in Agile and one of the methodologies of implementing it, that is, Scrum.
- You will get to know about Scrum framework, Scrum Team, Product backlog, Sprint backlog, Sprint planning, Sprint review, Sprint retrospective, User story, story points, burndown charts and much more.
- As a tester or test manager you will get to know what it will mean for you to be in the Agile team and how you should prepare yourself. In fact, this course will prepare you for that.
- It is important to understand the role of testing in Agile and you will as tester get a complete picture about that and get trained to be effective in an Agile team.
- For experienced testers who are not in Agile model you will learn completely about testing in Agile and will be well prepared to move in such teams with ease and confidence.
- For experienced testers who are already in Agile but never had a formal training about Agile and testing in Agile, this course will train you and make you well prepared to be an effective Agile team member. It will also help you correct the wrong implementation of Agile if happening, in your team. Well, one way will be to have the whole team do this course.
- For Freshers, since the world of software development has moved on to Agile, hence, it is important that you be prepared for it. This course will prepare you for that and move you an edge above the others who are still not trained in it.
- There tools which are specifically targeted for Agile teams. Get to know about tools used for scrum management, TDD (test driven development), BDD (behaviour driven development) and automations frameworks.
- Go ahead, be proactive and take the next leap for your professional development and better career growth, and take the course.
What is the target audience?
- Software professionals
|Section 1: Introduction to Agile|
Introduction To Agile
Agile Approach and Agile Manifesto
Principles in Agile
Positioning Agile Testing
Agile Team and Testing
Agile vs Traditional
Team One Approach
|Section 2: Introduction to SCRUM|
What is Scrum
Product “Increment” and “Done”
|Section 3: ATM : Agile Testing Matrix/Quadrants|
Getting Started with ATM
|Section 4: Test Positioning in Scrum|
Agile Manifesto and Testing Aspects
Tester in Scrum Framework
Tester in Scrum Team and Sprint Planning
Tester in Daily Scrum
Tester in Sprint Review and Retrospective
Tester Input in Product Backlog
Tester role in Burndown Charts and “Done”
|Section 5: Role of Testers and Test Managers in Agile|
Role of Tester in Agile
Role of Test Manager in Agile
|Section 6: Test Strategy and Planning in Agile|
Test Strategy in Agile
Test Planning in Agile
|Section 7: Test Automation in Agile|
Issues with Manual Testing
Advantages of Automation
Challenges in Automating
Automation in ATM and Automation Pyramid
Risks and ROI of Automation
What not to Automate?
Getting Started with Automation
|Section 8: Regression Testing in Agile|
Versioning and Resources
Tools for Managing Regression Testing
Using Automated Suite for Regression Testing
Frequency of Regression Testing and Assignments
|Section 9: Defect/Bug Management in Agile|
Deciding on bugs to log
Using Tools for Bug Management
Using Tools to Capture Defects Found During Reviews
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Tools
Applying Agile Principles to Defect Management
Approach for fixing bugs
|Section 10: Test Reporting in Agile|
Various Kinds of Reports
Forms of Reports
Test Results as Report in Themselves
|Section 11: Tools Used in Scrum|
Scrum Management Tools
BDD – Behaviour Driven Development
TDD – Test Driven Development
|Section 12: Challenges and Support in Agile|
Changing Role of Test Manager
Changing Role of Tester
Seeking Programmer Support
Fear of Change
Bad Past Experience
Tester Programmer Ratio
Hiring Right Testers
Fun, Performance and Awards
Lack of Training
Ganesh Sahai is B Tech from IIT Delhi (1993) and EGMP from IIM Lucknow (amongst the top technology and management institutes in the world). He has been founder, co-founder and founder team member of few start up companies and initiatives in the field of IT, Marketing and Academics. He Worked for Adobe since 1999 for around 12 yrs. He has led and setup many of the key testing teams from scratch for various Adobe products, like, Acrobat, Adobe Reader, AIR, CS, Tools etc. spanning desktops, handhelds (mob. phones etc.), hosted and enterprise area. He has worked as head of quality with one of the world’s leading gaming technology company Aristocrat Technologies. Innovation is his passion and his innovative approach has got sixteen ideas approved for patents. Along the way he has supported and guided people in their innovative ideas. He is founder of “TestToBeBest” and “DoItvation” community of those interested in software testing and innovation respectively.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 964
- Assessments Self