Power in your PowerPoint Presentations: it can be a breeze!
About This Course
Improve your presentation skills with or without PowerPoint!
Would you like to increase your influence, credibility, and personal and professional success?
Do you want to save time, improve efficiency, and increase your effectiveness for creating powerful presentation with slides?
Would you like to stand out, feel more confidence, and have more fun creating a presentation and connecting with your audience?
Yes? Then this course is designed for you!
While these worthy desires may seem like high expectations, you can achieve them more easily than you might expect. In fact, the guidance provided in this program is exactly what will help you do just that.
What is it?
Power in your PowerPoint Presentations, is a video course based on the book and workshop and narrated personally by the author, Nick Elliott (that’s me). In this course, you or your staff will learn the vital concepts, best practices, and principles. You’ll also take away a proven, time-saving, and easy-to-follow system for preparing effective presentations with slides, and even without slides.
This is not a technical course about slide software (although you’ll gain some great tips). It is, instead, a program designed to help you take the software you’re likely (at least a little) familiar with and harness it for its true purpose – to support you when you present.
But more than that, it’s about making the process of creating a presentation that is well-structured, engaging, and has the power to make an impact, easier.
It can be a breeze!
Whether you are a:
- Trainer teaching a class
- Manager or leader motivating staff
- Subject-matter-expert presenting at a conference break-out session
- Consultant providing feedback and recommendations
- Business representative persuading clients
- Student delivering a report to the class
…doing an outstanding job with your presentation has unlimited value!
This course will provide you with the power!
Here is just some of what you’ll get:
- 4.5+ hours of information packed videos
- 21 common mistakes to avoid
- The # 1 reason for the wrong types of slides, and how to avoid it
- 14 key considerations that will help you finally “get it”
- 7 principles that will make slide design intuitive
- Basic design principles that can easily improve your slides
- 11 essential slide styles to make things easy
- The Breezentations™ System! Simple, step-by-step processes for easily:
- Creating powerful content
- Designing powerful slides
- Practicing for a powerful delivery
- Lifetime access to the entire program
- A workbook, templates, checklists and other valuable job-aids
- Access to me, personally. Have questions, just email me! I am here to make presentations easier for you.
What are the requirements?
- A printer for your handouts, about 5 hours, and a desire to improve your presentations with slides (or even without). That’s all:)
What am I going to get from this course?
- By the end of this course, you will be able to create well structured content, design exceptional slides, and practice more effectively for a powerful presentation.
What is the target audience?
- This course is not intended for those wanting to master slide software. This course is intended for you if you have even a little experience with slide software, but want to make your presentations impressive (you don’t need to be a master at the software to do that); if you are a beginning presenter and want to start off with knowledge and skills of the top 10%; or you give presentations often and want to sharpen your edge, make things easier, and save time.
How does he have expertise?
What will I get?
How will this course go?
Print off your workbook
PART ONE: On Your Mark – Introduction
|Section 1: Power through Prevention: You have to know what’s wrong before you can avoid it|
Chapter 1 Introduction
Tour of the wreckage
Power Proof Sheet
21 common mistakes to avoid!
The main reason for the mistakes
Chapter One QuickQuiz
|Section 2: Power through Perspective: Using the Golden Rule to understand how to fix it|
Chapter 2 Introduction
Are we keeping them awake?
Are we speaking their language?
Are we downloading to their hard drive?
Chapter Two QuickQuiz
PART ONE WRAP / PART TWO: Get Set – Introduction
|Section 3: Power through Principles: 7 powerful principles that make things intuitive|
Chapter 3 Introduction / Principle 1 is…
Principle 2 is…
Principle 3 is…
Principle 4 is…
Principle 5 is…
Principle 6 is…
Principle 7 is…
Chapter 3 Wrap
Chapter Three QuickQuiz
|Section 4: Power through Picasso: You don’t have to be an artist to use design concepts|
Chapter 4 Introduction / Color
Color Psychology Chart
Rule of thirds
Repetition / Chapter 4 Wrap
Chapter Four QuickQuiz
PART TWO WRAP / PART THREE: Go – Introduction
|Section 5: Power through Practice: Putting the principles in action|
Chapter 5 Introduction
Analyze these not-so-good slides
Analyze these better slides
Before and after show
Eleven very useful slide styles: Part 1
Eleven very useful slide styles: Part 2
Slide Style Menu
Chapter Five QuickQuiz
|Section 6: Power through Process: Making method of the madness for powerful results|
Chapter 6 Introduction
Storytrain blog video 1
Storytrain blog video 2
Storytrain blog video 3
Storytrain Wrap up
5 easy steps to powerful content / S.H.O.R.E. – Step 1: S
Step 2: H
Step 3: O
Step 4: R
Step 5: E / S.H.O.R.E Conclusion
5 easy steps to powerful slides / B.E.A.C.H. – Step 1: B
Step 2: E
Step 3: A
Step 4 & 5: C.H.
6 easy steps to powerful practice / R.E.S.O.R.T – Introduction
Step 1: R
Step 2 & 3: ES
Step 4, 5 & 6: ORT
Extra practice tips
Chapter 6 Wrap
|Section 7: Course Wrap Up|
Wrap Up Congrats!
Seven Minute Summary and What Next
Nick holds a Master’s in Organizational Development Psychology, a Bachelor’s in Education, and a Certificate in Professional Photography. He has spent the last two decades pursuing expertise in effective business communication, instructional design, the art of the presentation. He has acquired that expertise through his vast experience as business owner, teacher, corporate trainer, eLearning developer, instructional designer, consultant, and lifelong learner.
His passion and gift is in taking seemingly complex concepts and decoding them, simplifying them, making them easier, and sharing the results with others. As founder of Breezentations website and blog, he loves helping individuals and organizations who want to make giving effective presentations easier, through workshops, coaching, consulting, and his book/course, Power in your Point.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 64
- Assessments Self