Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Foundation Training
About This Course
Discover how to make team collaboration more effective and productive with Learn SharePoint Foundation 2013.
During this 10-hour online video training, a professional instructor will introduce you to SharePoint Foundation 2013 and the program’s useful features for maximizing team communication.
You’ll start with the basics.This includes navigating through the SharePoint interface, creating your own site, and adding content to your SharePoint site.
With Learn SharePoint Foundation 2013 you will also:
- Discover how to work with user groups and permissions to ensure proper access control.
- Learn how to use SharePoint with other Microsoft Office applications.This includes exporting and importing data from Microsoft Excel.
- Find out simple ways to create libraries and lists to keep your content organized.
- Manage challenges that arise from team members using different versions of a file by exploring options for checking in and checking out files.
- Explore how to work with pages, web parts, adding a project calendar, understanding metadata and more.
This course is ideal for those new to SharePoint or those who are looking for more advanced knowledge.
All of our videos are high-definition videos, therefore, they are best viewed with the HD setting on, and the videos enlarged.
What are the requirements?
- A SharePoint Foundation 2013 environment
What am I going to get from this course?
- Build a SharePoint site and create user permissions
- Discover how to setup users and create groups
- An introduction to project task lists and managing libraries
- Learn the main navigational features and using SharePoint help
- Discover how to work offline and syncing with local resources
- Learn how to work with SharePoint pages
- Working with with Web Parts
- Learn how to effectively use Lists
- Learn how to import an Excel workbook into SharePoint
- Create a blog, add posts and pages, and editing a page
What is the target audience?
- Anyone managing or using a SharePoint site for collaboration.
|Section 1: Introduction|
Background on SharePoint 2013
IMPORTANT – Read this to ensure the best video quality!
What is SharePoint; Course Structure
|Section 2: Getting Started|
Course exercise files
Main Navigational Features and SharePoint Help
Creating a New Site
Adding Contents to the Site
Adding Apps and More Contents
|Section 3: Libraries and Lists|
What are Lists and Libraries; Creating Lists
Creating a Library
|Section 4: Users Groups and Permission|
Setting Up Users and Creating Groups
Permissions and Permission Levels
|Section 5: Exercise 1|
Create a Sublevel Site and Setup Users
|Section 6: The Ribbon|
Detailed Look at the Ribbon
|Section 7: Exercise 2|
Setup Logo and Title, Remove Links, and Change Style
|Section 8: The Recycle Bin|
Deleting and Restoring Documents, Storage Quota
|Section 9: SharePoint and MS Office|
Detailed Look at Integration between SharePoint and MS Office
|Section 10: SharePoint and MS Excel|
Importing Excel Workbook to SharePoint
Exporting from SharePoint to Excel
Exporting from Excel to SharePoint
|Section 11: Exercise 3|
Export Relevant Data on Excel into the Subsite
|Section 12: SharePoint and MS Access|
Moving Data between Access Databases and SharePoint
Moving MS Access Tables to SharePoint Subsite
|Section 13: Working Offline|
Syncing Libraries to your Local PC using Skydrive Pro
|Section 14: Collaboration|
Check-in and Check-out
|Section 15: Exercise 4|
Upload Docs to Document Library, Enable Versioning and Create Versions
|Section 16: Pages|
Page History and Versions
Basic Page Editing
Adding and Deleting Pages
Page History and Versions
|Section 17: Exercise 5|
Create New Pages and Links
|Section 18: Web Parts|
Web Part Basic
Customizing Web Parts
Moving and Removing Web Parts
|Section 19: Exercise 6|
Add a Project Calendar
|Section 20: Alerts|
Setting Up Alerts
|Section 21: Web Part Page|
Web Part Page Basics
Personalizing Web Part Pages
|Section 22: Metadata|
|Section 23: Exercise 7|
Setup Content Types, Add and Remove Documents
|Section 24: Lists|
More on Lists
Calculation in Lists
Validation in Lists
Sorting and Filtering Lists
|Section 25: Exercise 8|
Add New Items to the List and Create a New View
|Section 26: Libraries and Documents|
Copying and Moving Documents
|Section 27: Introduction to Workflow|
|Section 28: Exercise 9|
Create a Workflow on a New Issues List
|Section 29: Introduction to Templates|
Site, List and Library Templates
|Section 30: Introduction to Search|
Terminologies and How to Customize your Search
|Section 31: Blogging|
Starting a Blog
|Section 32: Exercise 10|
Create a Blog, Add Posts and Comments, Add Categories and Edit the Page
|Section 33: Conclusion|
Learn Other Specific Features of SharePoint 2013; Closing
Since 2008, individuals, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies with thousands of employees have benefited from the easy and hands-on software training offered by Simon Sez IT. With 80+ courses and 4,000+ video tutorials on a range of software programs, Simon Sez IT ensures stress-free eLearning and enhanced employee productivity – no matter whether you are implementing new software or a technological upgrade for your workplace. With over 250,000 Udemy students in over 180 countries, Simon Sez IT is the preferred eLearning choice for individuals and businesses everywhere.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 2714
- Assessments Self