Adult Education Essentials: Boost Learning Production & ROI
About This Course
Why should you take this course?
The most comprehensive, easy to understand, applicable set of adult education techniques on the planet. This 8 hour program is one of the most comprehensive, easy to understand, applicable set of adult learning techniques available anywhere. You’ll learn everything you need to motivate adult learners, keep them interested, deal with challenging or disgruntled participants, and maximize learning. Whether you are a trainer looking for all of the tools you need, or your organization needs to quickly roll out a complete train-the-trainer curriculum, this is the program for you.
Bonus: Includes a 150+page workbook, training checklists, review templates and a learning style assessment.
Don’t take my word for it. Hear what others have to say…
“I took this course from Jason on adult education, and it was a phenomenally useful experience. Jason gave me a strong theoretical background for teaching adults, and also a huge arsenal of tools and strategies for engaging adults in the classroom. I’d recommend this course to anyone who needs to teach adults.”
– Simon Tanzman– Corporate Trainer
“Just wanted to thank you for the very helpful and informative Video Training these past two days. Although I have taught adult users for > 13 years at Midlands Tech. and have many student ‘peace and war stories’ of my own, I feel like I learned many helpful tidbits of information that will be so very useful as I train the LMC staff in the future. Thanks again.”
– Stephanie DiMaggio– Credentialed Trainer
“It helped me understand effective communication techniques as well as group dynamics. These have set me up for success not only in direct teaching situations, but also in settings from small informal meetings all the way up to meetings with executives.”
– Aaron Rutkowski– Project Manager
What are the requirements?
What am I going to get from this course?
- The 4 learning styles of adults and how to maximize learning by teaching to all of them simultaneously
- A 5-step approach to showing credibility that will get even the toughest class to believe in you, listen to you, and trust you
- Specialized strategies for engaging a “hostile” class that doesn’t want to be there
- How to create amazing training materials for any topic so participants will crave your class
- A 5-step model showing how adults learn and how to apply it to reach every learner
- Effective methods to boost enthusiasm even for dry or boring topics
- Efficient and productive preparation techniques so you can prepare in less time
- How to ensure your curriculum is ideal for all of your objectives and learners
- A “whole class” approach to building rapport right from the start
- The Rule The Room visual aid toolkit, so you can maximize the benefit of visual aids including PowerPoint, sticky notes, and handouts
- Why most trainers are only able to teach using their own learning style, and how to be sure you aren’t missing the other 75% of your learners
- A powerful set of teaching tools to keep participants active and engaged for any topic
- A suite of practical methods for handling challenging participants to make life easier
What is the target audience?
- Project Managers
- Financial Professionals
- Technical Professionals
- Human Resource Managers
- Sales Professionals
- Academic Leaders
- Instructional Designers
- Curriculum Writers
|Section 1: Hook Your Class|
Introduction and Welcome to Training Essentials of Adult Education
Hook Your Class – Part 1
Hook Your Class – Part 2
|Section 2: Become Their Favorite|
Become Their Favorite – Part 1
Become Their Favorite – Part 2
Create Your Presence
|Section 3: Engage And Teach All Learners|
Understand Your Learners
Reach Every Learner – Part 1
Reach Every Learner – Part 2
|Section 4: Create Amazing Training Materials|
Create Amazing Training Materials – Part 1
Create Amazing Training Materials – Part 2
|Section 5: Handle Challenging Trainees|
Handle Resenters, Talk Hogs, Hecklers and Gripers
Handle Experts, Know-It-Alls and Quiet Types
Jason Teteak knows what it takes to Rule the Room. The master trainer and speaking presentation teacher has taught more than 50,000 people how to flawlessly command attention.
He’s won praise and a wide following for his original methods, his engaging style, and his knack for transferring communications skills via practical, simple, universal, and immediately actionable techniques.
Jason first made a reputation in the medical training industry, where he was known as “the presentation coach and trainer who trains the trainers.” Teteak’s attention to detail and precision in communicating definitive information was honed in serving this lifesaving industry.
In response to many requests, he began to offer personalized services and quickly developed a following as a private coach and a consultant whose clientele includes elite institutions, universities, and top corporate executives.
His new book, Rule the Room, was recently published in the summer of 2013. He has developed more than fifty presentation and communication training programs ranging in length from one hour to three days that serve as the basis for this unique, practical, and comprehensive course.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 543
- Assessments Self